“Music makes the world go round” is used as a throwaway line quite often—but is honestly so true. Breathing life into everything we do, it’s hard to imagine a world without that layer of artistry.
The world would surely be on the duller side, that’s for sure. Orchestras, garage bands and even karaoke bars all showcase the incredibly diverse ways we express ourselves through music.
What could possibly bring all of these varied groups together? That’s right. The t-shirt. See how custom t-shirts for bands work firsthand—in marching bands, rock bands, and beyond.
Marching band: A triumphant land of apparel opportunity
Marching band is deceptively a treasure trove of opportunity for ordering custom shirts and other apparel. For every occasion there’s a shirt that the band needs.
- For starters—many marching bands love to have basic t-shirts representing their school or association. These are great options so that they can easily represent their band everywhere they go.
- Then there’s the rehearsal wear. Typically something lightweight and uniform works best, and helps with keeping rehearsal orderly—which is definitely easier said than done depending on the age group.
- Now the away trips. Marching members could use a shirt for football games and/or events considering that their other shirts could be dirty from rehearsal. Sweating out in the sun with big pieces of metal will do that to you.
- The students also need something to wear under uniforms when at competitions or even home games. This is where the show shirt shines. It’s the design where you can have the most involvement from the marching members—because it allows for the most creativity.
Typically a contest is held where members can submit band t shirt ideas or designs based on the theme of the current show. This is a fun way to include the students while also brainstorming and hashing out an integral part of the shirt order process; it creates a sense of community and camaraderie while helping members feel like integral parts of the band.
**Note: If you need help fine tuning the band tee shirt design you end up picking, our mock up artists and account managers can help you make it a reality.
There are also plenty of shirt needs on the staff side as well. With faculty, you may find value in staff polos, jerseys, or simply copies of the show shirt design.
Looking professional while repping the kids that are performing their hearts out on the field is so important. One thing to keep in mind is that there’s a yearly frequency to these types of garments. With every new school year adds a new class of students.
There are also staff changes and new shows to base band shirt designs around—all of which means new shirt orders to be filled every year, but that’s why we’re here to help make the process as easy as possible for you.
Our aim is to not only supply you with the highest quality product at the best price, but to also form a close knit relationship and support you through these ever-evolving needs.
Rocking shirts for rocking bands
When thinking of the most iconic rock bands the first thing that comes to mind is an album cover or their logo...And where is this generally seen most frequently when out and about? Right again: band t-shirts.
You don’t think twice when seeing Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon or Nirvana’s classic smile logo being repped on a shirt. That’s the thing: rock band t-shirts are so naturally ingrained in band culture that any fan’s first instinct is to seek out one from each of their favorite bands.
This is a primary example of how effective t-shirts in general are at spreading brand awareness. Things naturally become more recognizable with exposure.
Once you’re all in, you’ll need to come up with a design that embodies your band’s identity. What makes a truly great band t-shirt design? The process can seem a bit overwhelming with how many variables you need to keep track of.
- Color choices/matching, which shirt base to use and any add ons are just a few. The biggest thing though is creating a design that reflects what the band is about. It could be a recent album cover that felt just right, or even just the band’s standard logo.
- Choosing the perfect fit is hard but important in the long run. Luckily you won’t be alone in the process. Our product specialists and account managers are experts in the realm of aiding people through the customization journey. They’ll be there every step of the way to ensure that the product comes out exactly the way you want. Still don’t have a logo yet either? There are some really great branding agencies and graphic designers who specialize in developing logos that inspire. Now back to what makes a great band shirt design.
- Musical expression is one of the rawest forms of communicating emotion. No language barrier can stop someone from vibing with a killer guitar solo or a vocalist rifting. Because of this, you need to illustrate something that captures that intense, raw moment that your band creates everytime they perform. A silhouette of a concert moment, minimalistic art depicting noise, even just a cool rendering of the name of the band with some personality.
- Remember, music is art so it deserves to be illustrated as such too. Now you’ve got the design and concept going. What’s next? One big thing to figure out is where to distribute your band t-shirts. It’s concert time, baby. There’s no better place to spread the love than where old and new fans gather to see bands perform. Concert venues are a prime opportunity to gain easy exposure and long term fan retention.
Throwing a few custom t-shirts into the crowd during a performance can generate hype while also making the audience aware that there are shirts in the first place. It’s an easy way to spread brand awareness while also pleasing the fans. It’s a win-win.
You can also use the venues as opportunities to create some unique concert t shirt ideas. Having a special shirt for specific concerts and venues can help boost demand and solidify your creative identity.
The designs can be based around the current album or even the venue itself allowing for you to spread your creative wings.
Also, when fans learn that there’s the possibility of a limited release for shirts at each concert they’ll clamor for the chance to go grab one—or more. This increases brand loyalty, ticket sales and shirt sales. Knocking out not two, but three birds with one stone. Poor birds…
At the end of the day...
Band t shirt designs bring out the best in both the performers and the fans. Creativity and visual art can bring together both sides in a way that only amplifies the experience. Let us help you make that happen.
The Next Level Apparel 6210 is a great choice if you’re new to getting band t shirts printed though. Now that we have all that sorted out, it’s time to rock.