Searching through the millions of fonts can be quite a task and a bit overwhelming. We understand that you might ask, "Where do I start?!"
Let us provide you with comfort and many options, but not TOO many.
Our embroidery team has over a decade of experience. As a company, we've seen many fonts meet the fabric with embroidery needles over the years, so we're here to help you determine the best fit for your custom apparel projects.
Read along for inspiration as we share over 30 fonts perfect for embroidery.
We're very FONT of these. They're our TYPE.
When it comes to embroidery fonts, it's essential to choose a font that is both easy to read and visually appealing.
Typefaces, also known as font families, are a group of related fonts that share a similar design aesthetic.
Here are some of the best typefaces for embroidery, and we'll do a deeper dive into fonts within each one.
- Serif- Serif typefaces are classic and elegant.
- Sans Serif- Sans-serif typefaces are modern and minimalist.
- Script- Script typefaces are elegant and flowing, making them an excellent choice for adding a touch of sophistication to embroidery designs.
- Display- Display typefaces are bold and attention-grabbing, making them an excellent choice for larger embroidery designs.
- Monogram- Monogram typefaces are designed for creating monograms, typically used for personalizing items like towels, napkins, and clothing.
It's important to note that the best typeface for embroidery will depend on the specific design and personal preference. Some typefaces may work better for particular embroidery techniques or methods, so it's always a good idea to experiment with a few options before committing to a specific typeface for your project.
A font for your thoughts? More like 30+ fonts for your thoughts.
Now we will break down some of the best fonts for embroidery incorporated into the typefaces as mentioned earlier and give you a run-down on what's what. Sound good? Let's do this.
Typeface #1: Serif
- Times New Roman is a timeless serif font that is easy to read and looks great on various fabrics. It is famous for embroidery on formal items like dress shirts and jackets.
- Baskerville is a classic serif font that has a timeless elegance. It is an excellent choice for embroidery on vintage-inspired designs or more traditional items like handkerchiefs and linens.
- Georgia is a modern serif font popular for embroidery on casual clothing and accessories. It is easy to read and looks great on a variety of fabrics.
- Garamond is a popular choice for embroidery on elegant items like wedding dresses and formalwear. It has a classic, refined look that adds a touch of sophistication to any design.
- Book Antiqua is a serif font that has a classic, vintage look. It is an excellent choice for embroidery on tablecloths, napkins, and linens.
- Palatino is a versatile serif font that looks great on various fabrics. It is easy to read and has a classic, elegant look perfect for formal or vintage-inspired designs.
- Century Schoolbook is a classic serif font that is an excellent choice for embroidery on school uniforms, jackets, and bags. It is easy to read and has a traditional look that works well with various designs.
Typeface #2: Sans-serif
- Helvetica is a modern minimalist sans-serif font that is a popular choice for embroidery on casual clothing and accessories. It's easy to read and looks great on a variety of fabrics.
- Arial is a versatile sans-serif font that is an excellent option for embroidery on items such as backpacks, hats, and jackets. It is easy to read and has a modern, clean look that works well with various designs.
- Futura is a geometric sans-serif font that has a futuristic look. It's popular in sports uniforms, gym bags, and backpacks.
- Franklin Gothic is a bold sans-serif font that is an excellent choice for embroidery on larger designs like banners and flags. It has a robust and attention-grabbing look that works well with bold designs.
- Cooper Black is a distinctive sans-serif font popular for t-shirts and sweatshirts. It has a bold, playful look which is excellent for casual designs.
- Lucida Sans is a clean, modern sans-serif font that looks great on various fabrics. Great for embroidery on items such as polo shirts, hats, and bags.
- Futura Condensed is a condensed version of the Futura font that is great for smaller embroidery designs like monograms or logos. It has a clean, modern look that works well with many designs.
Typeface #3: Script
- Edwardian Script is a classic font with timeless elegance. It is famous for embroidery on formal wedding dresses and dress shirts.
- Brush Script is a modern font with a casual, hand-lettered look. It is an excellent choice for embroidery on t-shirts, hats, and bags.
- Monotype Corsiva is a beautiful script famous for napkins, handkerchiefs, and linens. It has a classic, refined look that adds a touch of sophistication to any design.
- Mistral is a flowing script font that has a feminine, romantic look. It's often used on bridal accessories or lingerie.
- Scriptina is a beautiful script font that has a hand-lettered look. An excellent choice for items such as wedding invitations, tablecloths, and napkins.
- Snell Roundhand is a classic script font with a traditional, elegant look. Perfect for formalwear like dress shirts and jackets.
- Zapfino has a calligraphic look. This is often used for wedding invitations, place cards, and programs.
Typeface #4: Display
- Cooper Black is a distinctive and bold font that is popular for embroidery on t-shirts, sweatshirts, and jackets. Its bold, playful look works well in casual designs.
- Impact is a bold and attention-grabbing font that works well with larger designs like banners and flags. Its robust and commanding look pairs well with bold designs.
- Arial Black is a bold and modern font that is an excellent choice for embroidery on items such as backpacks, hats, and bags.
- Bodoni Poster is a classic font with a bold and distinctive look. Suitable for totes, tees, and jackets.
- Bebas Neue is a modern and bold font that pairs well with hats, jackets, and backpacks.
- Bungee is a playful and bold font that is a popular choice for everyday items such as tees, sweatshirts, and backpacks. Its fun and quirky look adds personality to any embroidered design.
- Lobster is a bold and distinctive font that has a hand-drawn look.
Typeface #5: Monogram
- Vine Monogram: a classic and elegant monogram font with a flowing, interconnected design that adds a touch of sophistication to any plan.
- Circle Monogram: features a circular design with larger and smaller letters that are easier to read.
- Diamond Monogram: features a diamond-shaped design with larger and smaller letters that create a striking visual effect.
- Block Monogram: a classic and timeless monogram that is easy to read and has a clean, modern look.
- Classic Monogram: traditional monogram font features simple, elegant, easy-to-read letters.
- Script Monogram: beautiful and flowing monogram font that features a hand-lettered design.
The 34 fonts listed above are all commonly used for embroidery projects, but 34 is NOT the limit! Your options are endless; we just wanted to provide some of the best.
If you're in the market for some super sick custom-embroidered merchandise such as hats, tote bags, sweatshirts, joggers, shorts- you name it, we can take care of that for you.
We've been embroidering for quite some time now, so we understand that picking the right font is crucial. We're here to help determine what's best suited for you and your needs.
Connect with one of our fantastic team members today. They will help STITCH things together for you.