Keep that in mind, the most important place to start is defining and understanding what screen-printing is. There are many styles of printing out there, so research the differences and what will work best for you. It’s your brand; take ownership of it. The more you understand, the better your brand will ultimately be!
Here are a few important questions to answer in your search:
- What is water based and discharge printing?
- What’s the difference between water based printing, standard plastisol, and DTG printing?
- What screen sizes are available to you? What are their minimums?
- What’s the difference between an all over print and cut and sew?
- What are some of the risks involved with printing oversize, jumbo, or over a zipper?
- Will my design look the same on every t-shirt size and style?
- What are 3 popular fabric compositions?
- What are the results of printing water based and discharge ink on polyester? Different polyester colors?
- What are Pantone colors? What is Pantone matching? Should you get a Pantone book?
- What is standard turnaround time? How does that change depending on which services you use?
- What are rush fees? What does under/over policy mean?
- What happens if you need a sample? What if you just want one shirt?
We are here to help you out, so if you can’t find an answer to any of your questions, we would be more than happy to help you either find it out or answer it for you! Check back tomorrow to learn about design variables when preparing your t-shirts for printing.